Fast, Fun, Easy and Cheap! This Rice Bake Casserole taste great! What a combination. You can change up this recipe real easy by using whatever you have on hand in place of the package of Spinach. Through in a layer of cooked chicken and you have a complete meal made in minutes.
- 35 min
- level = Easy
- Yield = 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for dish
- 1 small onion, minced
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar, plus extra for top
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a large casserole dish.
In a large pan over medium-high heat, saute onions with 2 tablespoons of butter and cayenne until translucent. Add the spinach and cook for 3 minutes. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs.
Add the cheese, rice, parsley, thyme, basil and spinach mixture and combine well. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour into prepared casserole dish and top with extra shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes and serve your delicious Easy Rice Bake Casserole Recipe piping hot.