Go Easy and Through All You Veggies in a Plastic Bag with all the Seasonings and Drizzle Olive Oil then Shake and Bake Before Layering into the Casserole. Fast, Fun, Easy and Cheap as You can use Any Veggies You Happen to Have in Your Frig! These are Just My Favorites.
- Baked Potatoes
- Roasted Onions
- Roasted Zucchini
- Roasted Garlic Cloves Chopped Roughly
- Italian Seasonings
- Meat Sauce or Pasta Sauce
- First step is to microwave enough potatoes to cover the bottom of your casserole pan 4 to 5 minutes are almost done but not quite all the way if using medium potatoes. Peel then cut the potatoes into slices and make an even layer on the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Spice up your sauce with extra seasonings as this sauce needs to flavorful enough to give the vegetables a kick.
- Then put a layer of your sauce on top. It’s a very thin layer just enough to separate the next layer.
- Next we put a layer of onions that have been sliced and roasted in a 400 degree oven for half hour so they had started to caramelize.
- Then add another thin layer of sauce on top.
- Now add an even layer of zucchini that also had been roasted in the oven with the onions.Sprinkle roasted garlic over the zucchini. The roasting beforehand helps get rid of some of the zucchinis extra juices.
- Add another thin layer of the sauce then another layer of the zucchini, then a thin layer of sauce then another layer of the zucchini.
- Top with the rest of your sauce. Cook covered in a 400 Degree oven for 40 minutes Uncover and top with your favorite cheese put back in the oven until the cheese is melted. Then enjoy!