Crock Pot Lasagna the Easy Way To a Great Italian Meal. Using Regular Lasagna Noodles This Dish Will Feed The Whole Family. I Used the Large Crock Pot and Still Had Leftovers Even After Serving 5 Hungry Friends. It’s So Nice that the Crock Pot Keeps it Hot Without Having to Rush Around to Serve Everyone and You Have Plenty of Time to Make Garlic Bread and a Fancy Salad After it’s Done Cooking.
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 10-ounce packages of chopped frozen spinach, thawed and excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 to 2 Lbs sauted hamburger meat or italian sausage or a 1/2 of each
- 16 Ounces (Large Pk) sauted sliced mushrooms
- 5 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil and or your favorite fresh herbs
- 1 cup Parmesan
- 4 cups jarred or homemade marinara sauce
- 6 to 8 regular lasagna noodles
- 2 cups grated part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup White Wine or you can use water
- 2 tbs Bacon Fat or Vegatable Oil
Saute meat to half way done then drain well. Add onion and a pinch of pepper, saute till translucent. Then add half of chopped garlic, saute till it smells really good and the meat is browned.
Remove meat mixture and put mushrooms in the same pan. Saute in a bit of vegatable oil or bacon fat till browned then add rest of garlic and saute for a minute or so.
In a bowl, mix the ricotta, spinach, fresh basil, herbs and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
In another bowl, mix the marinara sauce with white wine and meat mix. Taste and add more salt, pepper or herbs untill it taste just right.
In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, spread about a quarter of the marinara mixture to lightly cover the bottom. Top with 2 noodles (breaking to fit if necessary) and another quarter of the marinara then half of the mushrooms. Top with half the spinach mixture, then half cup of the mozzarella. Repeat with 2 more noodles, marinara, rest of the mushrooms, spinach mixture and mozzarella. Top with the remaining 2 noodles, marinara, remaining 1 cup mozzarella and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan.
Cover and cook on low until the pasta is tender, about 3 1/2 hours.
Cheese Spinach Mixture
Visit Our Home Page for Some Great Bargains at