| 3 1/2 to 4 pound Roast |
1 ounce Achiote Annatto Paste
1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
2 tablespoons Ground Cumin
1 tablespoon soy sauce
|2 tablespoons of the Adobo Sauce – |
Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
plus 1 or 2 Chilis remove Seeds
1 can stewed tomatoes
5 small potatoes
Salt, Pepper & Hot Sauce to Taste
- Place vinegar in a small bowl with achoite paste, peppers & adobo sauce cumin, & garlic, mix well & set aside.
- Cut onions & carrots into slices and place into the bottom of the pressure cooker pot.
- Pour vinegar mixture over onions & carrots then place the roast on top.
- Drizzle the soy sauce over the roast then top with stewed tomatoes.
- Close lid & set to high-pressure for 55 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally.
- Place the roast on a serving platter, tent with foil & let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- For the mexican sauce use a hand blender or pour sauce & veggies into a blender & blend until smooth. Depending on the veggies used you may have to make a cornstarch slurry to thicken a little bit. Taste.
- to see if it needs any salt or pepper. Add a dollop of butter to give the sauce a nice shine!
Serve sliced roast & potatoes topped with this wonderful Mexican sauce.
To make the Best Burrito You’ve Ever Tasted!
Simply cut some roast into cubes put into a tortilla,
top with the sauce & some cheddar cheese.